‘Tis the season to be jolly! We wanted to share the 5 best seasonal posts about security to help everyone stay safe because this is, unfortunately, also the season where Cyber criminals take advantage of unsuspecting people. So let’s make data protection a priority, and end this year on a high note.
So the big question is How can you stay cyber safe this holiday season?
Here are the top 5 best security posts to for retailers and shoppers alike and even one to take you into the New Year on your toes. In no particular order, happy reading:
- 2017 security predictions From W-2 scams to WordPress vulnerabilities, ransomware, business email compromises, DDos attacks and allegations of a hacked presidential election — 2016’s been a hell of a year in cybersecurity, and it’s not over yet. By Sharon Florentine
- Top holiday phishing scams Six holiday threats to watch out for! By Ryan Francis
- Retail Data Security: Preparing for the Top Threat for Holiday Breaches Here’s the question of the season: What is the true cause of the retail breaches we read about year after year? While malware or ransomware may get most of the scary security press, they aren’t in fact the main culprit. By Rick Caccia
- Ready for the Holidays? Your 2017 Safe Holiday Shopping Guide You are building your shopping lists, checking your credit card balances, scanning for can’t miss deals, and planning your shopping itineraries. You may have even installed new apps that can automatically scan and compare prices to make sure you are getting the best deal. But what about cybersecurity? How safe are you when you are holiday shopping? By Anthony Giandomenico
- How Retailers Can Fight Off Holiday Season Hackers Experts offer tips for locking down retailers’ point-of-sale systems for the busy holiday shopping season. By Steve Zurier