- Introduced MagicEndpoint 1.0
- Introduced SecureDoc BitLocker Management with PBConnex support
- Added support for TCG Enterprise drives
- Selected by HP to be exclusive provider of FDE technologies as part of HP Client Security delivering HP Drive Encryption
- Introduced SecureDoc Certification program for Opal SED manufacturers
- Expanded global footprint with new offices in London (UK), Mumbai (India) and Dubai (UAE)
- Introduced browser-based administrative console – SES Web
- Increased Mac support to include management of FileVault 2
- Added wireless LAN option for PBConnex authentication
- Introduced Removable Media Container Encryption (RMCE)
- WinMagic introduces SecureDoc support for Windows 7
- SecureDoc integrates Intel AT technology support
- SecureDoc support for Intel Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (AES-NI) and Intel Anti Theft Technology v3.0 announced
- WinMagic forms strategic relationship with Lenovo to offer SecureDoc for Lenovo full-disk encryption to protect all data on Lenovo notebooks and PCs - product can support both Lenovo's hardware password mamager tool as well as TCG OPAL Standard.
- WinMagic introduces PBConnex – The first FDE solution that offers Pre-Boot Networking
- WinMagic joins the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) at the Contributor Level.
- The first to support TCG OPAL for hardware and software.
- SecureDoc support for Mac OS X Snow Leopard is introduced
- SecureDoc the first to support both hardware and software managment for Seagate SEDs
- WinMagic introduces SecureDoc RME (Removable Media Encryption) enabling the enforcement protection for data at rest on USB drives, USB thumb drives, CDs, and DVDs through any endpoint device
- WinMagic announces support for Linux
- WinMagic partners with Spyrus to deliver software and hardware-based encryption solution for the U.S. Department of Defense’s “Data at Rest” (DAR) program to secure all data on mobile computer programs and removable storage media
- WinMagic’s SecureDoc is the first full-disk encryption solution to achieve FIPS 140-2 validation for Microsoft Vista
- SecureDoc earns Common Criteria Evaluation Assurance Level 4 (EAL 4) Certification
- SecureDoc is the first full-disk encryption software to fully integrate with the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) authentication and secure data storage chip from TPM security chip provider, Infineon Technologies
- Insite Technologies works with WinMagic to develop geoOps FTS. Enables multi-national forces to operate together in providing Friendly Force Tracking (FFT) in the operational military environment.
- SecureDoc becomes the first full-disk encryption technology to receive FIPS 140-2 Level 1 and 2 validations from the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology and the Canadian Communications Security Establishment.
- WinMagic announces SecureDoc fully supports Microsoft Windows Vista
- Introduce biometrics as part of options for pre-boot authentication in SecureDoc
- SecureDoc Version 3.8 is the first encryption solution to pass the Defense Information Systems Agency’s (DISA) Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC)
- SecureDoc is the first encryption solution to fully support both the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST’s) FIPS 201 standard.
- WinMagic begins program with U.S. Department of State to integrate a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card and biometrics with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and disk encryption with the goal of helping the department meet HSPD-12 mandates
- Introduce standard DBMS for scalable enterprise server
- WinMagic integrates CRYPTOCard’s Secure Password Technology into SecureDoc Encryption Software.
- WinMagic is the first vendor to integrate the US DoD Common Access Card (CAC) with its SecureDoc Disk Encryption Software enabling the ability to perform pre-boot authentication using the CAC card.
- SecureDoc full-disk encryption software achieves Entrust Ready status for Entrust Authority Security Manager 6.x and 7.0 via Entrust Entelligence Desktop Manager 6.1.
- WinMagic is the first to introduce compartmental encryption with Compartmental SecureDoc. Users could divide a laptop or PC’s hard drive into compartments and create 2 or 3 computers within one machine, with separate access, each controlled by powerful encryption
- WinMagic receives the first Cryptographic Module Validation Program (CMVP) certification using AES from NIST
- Received first ever NIST certification for AES (Certification #1)
- WinMagic receives its first FIPS 140-1 validation for a disk encryption software product
- WinMagic integrates Rainbow's iKey authentication token with SecureDoc Disk Encryption Software for Secure PC Boot-Up System. This was the first USB authentication token with Full Disk
- Encryption Software that Supports Rijndael AES 256 Bit Algorithm
- Datakey CIP system integrated with WinMagic's SecureDoc 2.5 disk encryption software as core component (Smart Card integration)
- WinMagic SecureDoc 2.0 Disk Encryption software awarded Common Criteria Certification by the federal government's Communications Security Establishment (CSE)
- WinMagic partners with Kasten Chase to provide Disc Encryption for U.S. National Security Agency (NSA)
- Add Smartcard/PKI as authentication option at pre-boot
- SecureDoc Disk Encryption approved for SECRET data by The National Security Agency (NSA)
- WinMagic Inc. Founded
- Developed encryption solution for removable media
Take a simpler
approach to data security
Schedule a demo or talk with one of our security experts to learn
how WinMagic can help you achieve stronger security,