Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
WinMagic is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, WinMagic will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed on the front door to our offices.
WinMagic will provide training to all employees located in Ontario, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- WinMagic’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing WinMagic’s goods and services
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way WinMagic provides goods and services to people with disabilities can call 905-502-7000 or contact Human Resources below.
All feedback, including complaints, will be addressed with the appropriate departmental head to rectify the concern. Customers can expect to hear back within five business days.
Notice of availability
WinMagic will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by emailing the policy to employees and having it available on the shared network for all employees.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of WinMagic that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed. This document is available in an alternate format on request.