Export Compliance

Many products, software and technologies are subject to export control for both Canada and the United States of America. WinMagic advises all customers that they are responsible for familiarizing themselves with these regulations. Exports and re-exports of WinMagic Corp products are subject to Canadian and US export controls administered by the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) and the Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS).

Current sanctions imposed by Canada

For more information, please visit the CBSA / BIS website or contact its offices directly at one of the numbers provided below:

www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca www.bis.doc.gov
1-800-461-9999 1 202-482-0436


The information provided by CBSA and BIS can help customers determine whether they need to apply for an export license. Under an agreement with the United States, the Government of Canada gets export information on goods destined for consumption in the United States market directly from United States import data.

For restricted goods to the United States, you must provide the CBSA with the required export permit as well as any other documents required by government departments or agencies that regulate the export of these goods. In the case of restricted goods covered under General Export Permits (GEPs), you may not be required to submit individual export permit applications to International Trade Canada (ITCan) but you should contact ITCan to find out how to report those goods.  Also, an export license may be required for shipping documentation, recordkeeping, or post-shipment reporting.


Product ECCN  US/Canada License Exception
SecureDoc Enterprise Server 5D992/1-5.D.2. ENC/Unrestricted
SecureDoc Disk Encryption 5D992/1-5.D.2. ENC/Unrestricted